|Dimensions||18.25 × 17.25 × 3 in|
This model has a dual design – it can be used as an exhaust fan cover or as a cold air return. Complete with a drywall bead rim that contours the vent flush into the surface. Install is best done by a Pro. *Compatible with select exhaust fan models and sizes.
- Must be installed at drywalling stage. Requires professional installation.
- Use only on drywall surfaces.
- Noise – Average 3 DB noise reduction. Nose dampening cork strips included in box.
- Easy Cleaning – Slide and remove tray to service exhaust motor.
Specifications & Install Guides
- Material – Solid Steel
- Overall size is 14”x14” *Requires extra 1 ¾” space in ceiling cavity.
- Compatible Fans
Panasonic – WhisperCeiling, WhisperFit, WhisperGreen Select.
*Also compatible with any retrofit fan models that require drywall opening between 8”x8” to 10 ½” x 10 ½”.
- Note – Some fans may require trimming the mounting flange on the fan. Double check before mounting by dry-fitting fan into Drywall Pro X opening. Test by sliding Drywall Pro X plate in the tabs – if the fan’s flange obstructs the tabs, trim flange as needed.
AIR FLOW REPORT
BOOK A PRO
What material can this be used with?
This vent is specifically for drywall / gypsum wall and ceiling surfaces.
My drywall is already installed, can I use this?
Can this be used as an air return?
Yes it can!
Can this be used with retrofit ventilation fans?
Yes! In fact, this can ONLY be used with retrofit ventilation fans.
Are there restrictions of which ventilation fans I can use?
Yes, they can only be used with retrofit fans (that have a lip) that require a drywall opening between 8″x 8″ to 10 1/2″x 10 1/2″.
Can this be installed in engineered floor joist systems with the use of TJI joists?
This vent is designed for standard joists. With TJI joists you may have to be aware of sizing.
There are no reviews yet.